Sunday, November 9, 2008

Music Scenes.




I love the whole "sense" of community one can get from just about anything.

One of the types of communities I love most though is the music community.

Music artists hooking up and doing shows together, doing side bands/projects together, collaborating on songs/albums, it's fucking fascinating. I really wish I was a musician. Maybe I should try to be a musician, I often come up with tunes and lyrics in my head by never really write them down. I have a guitar and an amp that I don't know how to use. I wish I had a synth/keyboard though... maybe I'll get lucky this Christmas?

A friend of mine, who's going to college now, sent me a message today. We had gone to the same high school in Kentcuky, and I moved away to Ohio and he moved away to Brazil (i know, right?). He told me he was back in town (Louisville, KY), and that him and another musical schoolmate of mine were playing some shows together and that I should come :) This made me soooo fucking jealous.

Not only because they were back in Louisville and I'd love to live there again, but because they were both awesome live musicians collaborating together and i LOVE that.

I wish I could go to one of their shows. I'm putting links to their myspaces at the end of this blog. Check them out. Listen to their stuff. And add them as friends.

I really want to get a synth/keyboard. I've made full-length songs using certain computer programs before, but now I want the real thing.

Anyone wanna start a band with me? :)

http://www.myspace.com/campanilemusic

http://www.myspace.com/mowgliandtherobotaffair

No comments: